The start of my week went fantastic. I walked 2 days outside and I got up early to do my strength training. Then, I got sick and spent an entire day on the couch, and today trying to recover as well. I was really discouraged the day I spent on the couch. I just couldn't move. Thankfully, I did not feel like eating much either. So, I am hoping to try to do a little walking this weekend, but really, just going to the grocery store might be enough.
Food wise, I've done well. I am increasing the veggies and decreasing the sugar. I made it two nights in a row without a bit of chocolate or ice cream. That's pretty good for me!
I have had some issues with my health coach's approach to eating which trigger within me some old battles. She pushes this vegan, no starch (grains included). I just can't go there. It's too restrictive. I really must have an eating disorder, because I feel myself freaking out when I am told I can't have this or that. All foods should be legal and eaten in moderation. When I ban a food group, it doesn't work for long term. I am trying to think long term. I know I would not manage to avoid dairy, grains, meat, sugar, oil, and whatever else they label as bad for long. I did that once. I lost 70# by not eating carbs. I gained that back and some almost as quickly as it came off. I need to remind her of my one goal and that is to not do anything now that I don't plan to do for the rest of my life. I am sticking to my guns on this one!
So, I did end up loosing 2 beautiful pounds this week, just eating less. I have only a couple more pounds before I hit the 30# mark. I am planning to buy a new pair of pants for walking. That's exciting!
If you'd like to join in this fitness discussion, please visit Annie Kate!
Sorry for the illness, but otherwise it sounds like things are going well. I agree, stick with our guns with that coach. I agree with you, everything in moderation. And I know that moderation is what I need to work on. :) I think you are doing great. :)
ReplyDeleteJust wanting to eat what you're told you shouldn't is not an eating disorder; it's human nature. :) I wouldn't worry about it.
ReplyDeleteYou're so wise to choose to do only what you'll be able to do for the rest of your life, rather than going on some fad diet. I'm sure that will make a huge difference, and help you stay healthy until you're an old, old lady. LOL
Congratulations on those two pounds! Enjoy the new walking pants.
((Hugs))
You are doing so good!
ReplyDelete