Friday, July 20, 2012
Weekly Wrap Up
Here we are, back at Friday! The week went pretty well. I faced some social challenges and I got outside despite the heat.
Sunday and Tuesday we went swimming. Monday and today, we went walking at a favorite park. I really wanted to ride my bike, but two mornings this week it was so humid that being outside was not good for my health. I will try again next week, although it is forecasted to be in the 90's all week. That beats the couple days of 100's this week. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler in the morning. I will get out and ride!
As for eating, I did OK. I maintained. Of course I'd rather report a loss, but that is not how my body works. I lose and then maintain, and repeat! I worked on making sure that I had either a big salad or a green smoothie each day. I also tried to limit my bread a little more.
The big social challenge this week was my monthly bunco night. I was pleasantly surprised to find salmon and grilled vegetables. I filled up on vegetables and watermelon. I did try a little of the home made coconut milk ice cream. Yum!
Tomorrow is a big birthday party for my daughter who is turning 13. I am allowing myself one cupcake. Monday is a little family gathering for her with more cupcakes. I will probably have one, again. (I'd better get on that bike!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Maintaining is good! Especially when it is so hot. If you go walking very early, it might be more bearable...if you are a morning person, that is. I tend to walk in the evening if my pedometer has not registered enough steps.
ReplyDeleteAnd now that we have a treadmill, I can always use it.
It's a real blessing to our family. Miss 14 now runs! She loves it, because inside she can run in her beautiful dresses whereas she feels silly doing that outside.
I have 700 more steps to do today, so I'm using the treadmill tonight, unless I can convince my husband to take a walk in the dark. :)
Have a blessed weekend, full of activity and relaxation.
Sounds like a great week for you, so glad it's went well. Pretty pictures too.
ReplyDeleteI hear what you're saying about maintaining (e.g,. weight). That's about all I'm doing right now, as I have not lost any weight. However, some of my clothes are fitting better, so that must mean I am loosing SOME fat.
ReplyDeleteGood for you on loading-up on veggies and watermelon. I'm eating more veggies and berries these days myself. However, I'm always hungry, ugh! I guess it's because I'm exercising 5 days a week for 60-80 minutes, so I guess this just means my body needs more "fuel?"