Three weeks ago, I started doing three simple things, writing down everything that I ate, eating protein snacks between my meals so that I don't go longer than 3 hours between meals, and I also changed up my exercise to include walking, and strength training two times a week, along with my biking. I am happy to report that I have lost 5 pounds!!! I never went hungry. I ate low glycemic. I did not stress out over food. I had a lot of fun with my kids as we walked around our neighborhood chatting about things. Walking became easier, too, which is an improvement. Now, I am sure that my body will catch on and stall again, but now I know how to combat my slowing metabolism. Onward!!
Well done. I also try it agian and notes what I am eating.
ReplyDeleteGREAT for you Jenn!! Congrats. I KNOW even 5 lbs. is tough work. Keep up the good work. ♥
ReplyDeleteYou were asking on how I was doing on the 21-day fix. Well, you know I started what? a month or two ago, and that was short-lived. Things have to just click with me, and they weren't clicking then -- we had too many eat-out and special events at the time that made it too difficult and I never did try the exercises since my asthma/allergies were awful at the time. BUT, I finally started again. This is Day 13 for me and all is clicking. I'm doing the exercises and feeling great. I'll post more about it after Day 21 (& then I start it all over again -- actually, it's a lifestyle, so the 21 days is a bit deceptive, but probably means it takes 21 days to make it a habit).
We can lose it together. :)