Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Food Diary, Day 24 (Overcoming Objections Edition)

This can't be my 24th day of keeping track of what I eat?  Wow.  It's certainly a habit now, and even with not taking pictures, it is helpful to me because I can look at my intake and see why I am where I am, good or bad. 
Remember my "new" bike? 

Movement:  Woke up to a glorious day!  Low humidity and sunshine!  Not a normal here in late June.  Dare I say it?  I need to get out there on my bike or walk.

Objections: 
  • I'll look silly perched on a bike.  Who says?  (No one laughed, that I noticed.) 
  • No one will go with me  So, how old are you, 9? (Grace came! What a chatty girl, it might have been better on my own.  No, it was a good opportunity to be with my girl, really.) 
  • I may not get a good enough work out.  What if you do?  What if you don't?  You were out moving, right?  That's the goal, right?  (I did it and it was hard!  Slight inclines are killer.  I need to work up to longer rides. Objection over ruled!) 
  • The tire might burst again.  It might and it might not.  Did anything bad happen when it did before?  (Did not happen, but will need air next time.  Objection over ruled!)
  • Cars  Stay on the quieter roads and to the right.  (Some cars passed us, but it was fine.  Objection over ruled!)

In favor:
  • Didn't you promise to ride your "new" bike?  Yes. And I meant it.
  • Is it not a lovely morning to go?  It's too lovely to stay inside!
  • Would you not enjoy a break in your routine?  It would be very nice. 
So, what is stopping you from going out there?  Your helmet can't be too far.  The tires might need a little air, but you know how.  And maybe Grace would come.  Go for it!   I did it and I am so glad.  We went for 20 minutes.  My legs ached and I was panting for breath.  30 minutes would be a good goal to work towards. 


** I also did a Wii Fit check and 11 minutes of training to make my total over 30 minutes today.  Go me!

Breakfast: 1c. home made granola with skim milk and coffee.

Lunch:  Grilled veggie burger with romaine on a whole grain bun, hash brown potato, and watermelon.

Snack:  Even though my tummy was rumbling, I passed.  Tonight is my last night of Bible study.  I may want a treat. 

Dinner:  I took a small sampling of most of the salads, passing on the white flour tortellini.  I had a second helping of delicious nappa cabbage salad with chicken.  I ate cantaloupe & honey dew to my heart's content.  I had a small serving of a dessert.  My mom, who attends this study, says I did OK. Yippee! 

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got over the objections. I really like bike riding, and need to do it more often. But when hubby wants to walk in the morning instead, I gladly take him up on it. Glad you are doing so well. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.