Friday, June 17, 2011

Update No. 3

Hello wonderful friends!  How was your week? I am joining Mrs. White's Vintage Healthy Home this week.  Be sure to check out and encourage other bloggers who are trying to get fit! 

My movement goal for this week was to go out on a limb and try to do something 5 out of the last 7 days.  And, I was successful!  I am keeping this as my goal.  Here are my specific movement goals for the coming week.  
  • I plan to do yard work one day (limbs need cutting, weeds always need pulled, mowing to do). 
  • I am going to do Wii Fit 3 times this week, increasing my calorie burn goal to 150+ calories or more per session.  
  • I am going on a hike while camping this weekend.  
  • I will do Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile tape 2 times this week. 
  • I want to be moving every single day! 
My healthy eating goals for the week included:
  • Drink lots of water, decaf tea for variety.  No diet soda. I don't like them anyway. 
  • Limit sugar (pray for a way out when facing temptation!) I limited my sugar this week, but could do better.  Fruit is a good dessert. Going camping this week.  I'll just have to do my best. Those smores will not get the best of me! 
  • Lots of veggies
  • Mostly whole grains 
  • Be flexible and proactive, esp. when eating away from home. (Get a taste what looks good, take only bites, not heaps!)
  • Only eat when hungry, stopping before I am too full.  
  • No eating more, just because it tastes so good!  
  • Continue with the Visual Food Diary on this blog. (Except this weekend. I'll be camping w/o a computer, of course.)  
I hope to try some of the yummy recipes I found on 100 Days of Real Food.  I want to eat real food.  I want to limit all processed foods.  I thought I was doing this, but when I read their blog, I realized there is work to be done in my kitchen! 

I've begun re-reading Andy Stanley's The Principle of the Path.  Oh my, what a convicting book!  I can see how I've gone headstrong down some bad roads and it is no wonder I am not liking where I am.  I chose to eat every bite that got me in this shape.  I also chose to sit instead of work out this winter.

I really hoped to be at the 10# mark this week.  A couple days ago, I hit that mark and then I was back up today.  I am not going to stress out about this. I know that I have been working hard, which builds muscle.  If I were smart, I'd throw out the scales and just go by how my clothes fit, but I am not that brave yet.  


Have a great week!
~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Great week, Jenn, and great plans for next week!

    I'm with you on tossing the scale. I go by how my clothes fit, and I'm thrilled that I now need to undo the zippers before I can pull my pants down. With the celiac disease I'd gotten so skinny that I didn't need to use the zippers anymore!

    Now, however, I've got to stop gaining and just get stronger and stronger!

    Blessings!

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.