Friday, July 8, 2011

Update No. 4

(This really should be number 5, but I did not do an update last week since I was in the wild, camping with my family.)
Hurrah!  15# gone! 

My movement goals for this week were to hike up Mt. Tom's uphill trail and take a second hike with my family.  I accomplished those goals, plus I increased my Wii Fit time to 30 min. and over 200 calories burned in a sesson.  I also mowed before we left on vacation.

Here are my specific movement goals for the coming week.  


  • Do yard work one day (limbs need cutting, weeds always need pulled, mowing to do). 
  • I am going to do Wii Fit 3+ times this week, increasing my calorie burn goal to 200+ calories or more per session for 30 min. 
  • I am going swimming at a state park this weekend. I will keep moving. 
  • I want to be moving every single week day for at least 30 minutes! 
My healthy eating goals for the week include:
  • Drink lots of water, decaf tea for variety.  No diet soda. I don't like them anyway. Try adding mint to my decaf tea. (I failed here this past week.  We had diet A&W Rootbeer while camping.)
  • Limit sugar (Remember to pray for a way out when facing temptation!) Fruit is a good dessert. Remembering is the hardest part. Perhaps say no to dessert twice this week? 
  • Eat lots of veggies.  I notice that I can forget this very important goal.  Perhaps it has to do with being hard to keep veggies in the house, but that cannot be an excuse. 
  • Eat mostly whole grains. Try to limit grains to 2 meals a day. 
  • Be flexible and proactive, esp. when eating away from home. (Get a taste what looks good, take only bites, not heaps!) Read nutritional information before I go to a restaurant. 
  • Only eat when hungry, stopping before I am too full.  
  • No eating more, just because it tastes so good!  
  • Continue with the Food Diary on this blog. 
As for the scales, well, I am down 15 pounds since Easter!  I am so happy and it really has not been too terribly hard.  I just have to say no a little more often than not.  It made a huge difference that I lost a little while camping.  That is remarkable!  We did not have smores this trip.  Maybe that helped?  It was too hot for a campfire. Anyway, I am proving to myself that I can be social and still loose weight.  My next goal is to loose 5# in the next month.  20 pounds, here I come! 


Quote of the week:  
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius

This post is linked to Mrs. White's Vintage Healthy Home and Fit Mommy Check In.    

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am very proud of you. Maybe you can help me set up an exercise schedule for next week?

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!! Keep going! I hit -55 the other day. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipee!!! How wonderful. I decided this morning while I was drying my hair that I have to jump on this bandwagon and get fit....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! So happy for you. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.