Saturday, August 6, 2011

Food Diary, Day 54

Note

Sleep continues to be difficult in this heat.  We broke a record yesterday for most consecutive days in a row of being 90 or above.  Our older home does not cool well upstairs where we sleep.  It is either too hot or too cold and this change wakes me up several times a night.  I look forward to having the windows open when the heat breaks.  I write all this because I think not sleeping well greatly affects my mental status, which plays a role in achieving  my health goals.

Movement 

Stability ball work out with 3 and 5# weights for 30 minutes.  It feels so good to be getting stronger.  The great thing about this work out is that if it gets easy (not going to happen soon) I can just increase the weight of the dumbbells.


My husband is going to order the step DVD by Debra Mazda.  He is in way better shape than me and needs the challenge.  I  have decided that I want to work up to the step.  My plan is to incorporate it into the Leslie Sansone DVDs.  When she has us walk up and down, I will step.  This little change will add a lot.  I will do this tomorrow after church.  This means I will be working 7 days this week.  I decided that I want to!


Food

I started to re-read Dr. Phil's book The Ultimate Weight Solution.  I read it in 2004 when I lost 70#.  I did that by not eating a single carb, such a hard way to go and obviously it did not last once I started eating them again.

Dr. Phil has a lot of great advice and I will write a summary here on this blog sometime this week.  The basic idea he has about food is divide your plate into fourths, filling each section with a grain, protein, fruit, and vegetable.  To increase your weight loss, limit starchy foods. Starchy foods and I have a great love affair.  This is hard, but I want to see some results, so I must try.

He says that we need to require more from ourselves as if our lives depend on it, because they do.  (Yep.  So true!) 


Breakfast:  bran flakes, milk to cover, and coffee

Snack:  (post work out)  cheese stick

Lunch:  romaine, veggies,turkey breast, sunflower seeds and reduced calorie dressing: half a banana

Snack:  popcorn


Dinner: BBQ chicken roll-ups

Treat:  sugar free cake

1 comment:

  1. No carbs doesn't work because it is not sustainable. Dividing one's plate into fourths, or any habit of intentionally and thoughfully considering eating, ought to help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.