Friday, August 5, 2011

Food Diary,Day 53

It's a new day!  I wish I could say I had a good night's sleep, but oh well.  I hear that not sleeping well plays a role in obesity.  My problem is the environment that I sleep in.  It is too hot!  That will change in time with the weather.  :-)  So for now, my coffee is my best friend.  And so is moving my body!

Thank you for your encouraging comments yesterday.  I really had a mental block and I think I've cleared it, for now.  The scales and I are not speaking to one another for awhile.  I think it is best. I almost told my husband to hide them from me and only put them out once a week or month even.  I still may do that!  (What do you think,Honey?) 

Movement:  We've not mowed the "grass" (more like weeds) in about 5 weeks during this drought, so today is the day.  I will push mow for an hour.  My son will ride.  Together we get it done. 

Breakfast:  1 cup of Trader Joe's bran flakes, seriously delicious and good for me. Coffee with a bit of sugar and a bit of creamer, not so good for me!

Snack:  1/4 of an apple (it was big), protein bar

Lunch:  Asian cole slaw with sunflower seeds, and 1/2 stuffed pepper (leftover)

Snack:  too many sunflower seeds!

Dinner:  cheeseburger on a lite bun, cole slaw (from lunch), roasted potatoes

Treat:  slow churned ice cream, 1/2 cup

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your earlier posts, and you've come a long way! You sound much fitter than you did, and that's what it's all about, right?

    It's a good idea to get rid of the scale; after all, you may be putting on muscle mass, and that shouldn't discourage you at all, but make you jump and sing! :)

    Blessings,

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each mental block you have and over come will make the next one easier to conquer. Believe me. I know.. -60.2 and roughly 25 to go. I have to realize this is a life time change of habits. .some days will be easier than others. When you come to terms with that, then each step will be a little easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.