Monday, August 8, 2011

Food Diary, Day 56: Require More of Yourself

Note:  I did a lot of reading this weekend of different books on getting fit.  The bottom line is that I need to start requiring a little more from myself.  Taking a day off to rest, however, was just what I needed because this morning I am willing and able to tackle a little more.

Movement:
Part of requiring more, I borrowed a Biggest Looser DVD from the library.  I am going to attempt to do the alternating workouts this week.  If I do OK, I may go buy a copy and continue with their 6 weeks plan...  Post workout note, oh my!  I am feeling as if I was put through a wringer, in a good way.  My knee hurts a little.  I will have to see if I can do this long term without knee pain. 

Food:
Breakfast: bran flakes, milk to cover, coffee 

Snack:  protein bar, post workout.

Lunch:  cole slaw mix with Kraft reduced fat dressing, grilled chicken tenders, one whole grain tortilla.  Actually, I ate a ton of the cole slaw to get full.  I was super hungry today.  I figure cabbage is a good thing to fill up on!  (Making up for a lack of veggies yesterday, too. )

Snack:  air-popped popcorn, a juicy nectarine


Dinner:  grilled chicken tenders with whole grain  peanutty broccoli pasta salad ( a Best Life recipe), strawberries

Treat:  slow churned ice cream

1 comment:

  1. I occasionally do one of the Biggest Loser workouts, and every time I feel like I need three days to recover! But really, I guess that means I just ought to do it more often, right? ::sigh:: Nothing like a little guilt to get me moving, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.