Just finished Leslie Sansone's 4 Fast Miles, which lasts 50 minutes and has 5 segments of "boosted" walking, also known as JOGGING. Around the 3 mile mark, I wanted to be done. However, I learned from another exercise DVD that the point you feel like quitting is exactly when you need to keep going. If you don't ever push your body, it can't get stronger. So I finished. I did not jog the last mile, but I kept in the game, so to speak.
Another thing happened, at the beginning of the DVD, I was grumbling a bit, wanting to let myself off a little easy because this is going to be a busy day. Then the thought,"I want to live!" popped into my head. I made a decision to live, so I do the things that will help me live. It's so simple some times!
Social eating can be a problem for me. I have had many opportunities this past week or two to practice new skills. For example, last night, I went to my monthly bunco group. Normally, I get started on the candy bowls, eat a big dinner, and then have dessert. Last night, every time I was tempted to "just eat one" piece of candy, I told myself,"I don't eat those." I was surprised that it worked. I had already eaten my dinner before going, which is always an option. I ate 2 strawberries covered in chocolate and that was it.
One other note... yesterday, I did not get on the bike with my daughter. I ended up increasing my dumb bells to 8# for my work out and thought that was plenty. I just did not have time to ride. We had a lot of laundry to deal with and my afternoon was devoted to that. My arms are pleasantly sore this morning, however. :-)
So there you have it... my week so far. How is your week going?
Social eating - we are making progress, but there still are challenges out there. At least we're not too social?
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty great! I've started doing the 5-Mile Fat Burning Walk, and I can tell that I'm using more energy. (Yay!)
ReplyDeleteFor the social eating: You did a great job. Chocolate covered strawberries are hard to stop eating! For next time, what about hard candy? Or the ginger chews from Trader Joe's? The ginger chews are 20 calories each (!!), but they are big I think. I cut them into thirds, and I don't chew them. I just roll them around on my tongue like hard candy, so I take about an hour to eat just one.