Friday, September 23, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday

Two of my walking buddies. 

I lost another pound this week!  I am up to 21 pounds lost.  I can't say enough about My Fitness Pal.  It really does keep me accountable and motivated. 

Right now my hope is to lose 1 pound a week.  I have come through a very rough spot of weeks with no weight loss.  I am terribly grateful to all who have encouraged me along the way.  I know there will be other dry times ahead.  I am not going to let them get me down.

Today I am going to walk with my friend.  It's been rainy overnight.  And it is only 52 degrees.  No excuses.  It will be cooler from now on. I want to walk until it is too icy to do so.  And then we can meet at the community center and walk inside for free. 

It's been a great week.  I've exceeded my exercise goal of 30 minutes a day.  I don't mind putting in the effort because I see so many benefits.  One thing I really like to see is my calorie count for the day go up on MFP.  Having a few hundred calories added is very encouraging.  I don't eat them, of course, but it is fun to see them added.  When I have my day of rest, I feel as if my calories available are so low!

I am still determined to buy a new pair of walking shoes soon.  I was planning to try some on today at the mall, but my favorite shoe store is gone!  I may have to go to a sports store and hope they have my size.  Having large feet is a curse.

I've also not exceeded my allotted calories for each day this week.   I am not feeling deprived, ever, which is huge.  So, I really am happy with my eating, except that I am still working on limiting refined foods, and I am having a hard time wanting to eat enough vegetables again.  Really, I love them, but it is more of a pain to fix them. I am not very proud of that fact.  I am confessing here so that I can come clean and move forward. I know vegetables are important.  I must try harder.

That's all for this report.  If you want to see more Fit Mommy Friday posts, visit my sweet friend Annie Kate and link up.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe at Bass Pro we can get shoes for you while we get Ryan some boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the GREAT work. You are doing so well at keeping on track! I am starting boot camp with T-tapp on Monday. I am learning and practicing how to do all the exercises this week. I am very excited! Keeping you in my prayers and if you can please do the same for me. ((HUGS))

    Keep us posted if you find your shoes. Praying the perfect pair will be there. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find shoes, I have upped my walking goal to four days a week and I made it everyday this week. I had to stop walking in my walking shoes and have switched to my Keen sandals until I can find new shoes. Great job, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.