Thursday, October 20, 2011

What's Holding Me Back?

I've been thinking and thinking lately.  What could I change in my life right now that would help get things rolling again?  I've come up with five things.
  1. Remember to ask for God's help.  I get so distracted that I forget this most important step.  All that I do is for His glory.  
  2. Recommit to my food journaling.  I found a little notebook and started this again.  I hope it is enough to keep me on track.  I did enjoy my little break though.  
  3. Structure my afternoon break.  I've always struggled with my afternoons. This is my low energy time and I just want to be left alone, but there is still plenty to do. I need to write down a better routine, one that includes some household chores to keep me moving.  
  4. Portion sizes!  Portion sizes!  Portion sizes! Stop minimizing them in my mind.  Use measuring tools.
  5. Heart rate monitor.  I'm going to wear one and see if this helps me to burn more fat. 

3 comments:

  1. Portion sizes are a huge issue for me. That one serving that I THOUGHT I was having was more like two. It wasn't until I started measuring that I really, truly got a handle on it. It's an eye-opener. And I still get fooled on occasion (remember the "single portion" hummus?!), so I have to watch it constantly.

    And I'm noticing that most of the "regular" sized bowls are nowhere near one serving size. I use the bowls from the kids department at IKEA, and they're perfect. The bowls in my china set are way too big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a good list, and you know how I agree with you on portion sizes. It has helped me tremendously to measure and weigh for a while until you realize what a true portion size looks like. Remember, use smaller plates and bowls too, that helps A LOT. Can't wait to hear how the heart monitor works. I've never had one, sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed that I need a little break from everything in the afternoon. If I take an hour to read and write I'm ready to get back to work for the afternoon and evening.

    I hope you have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.