Monday, October 17, 2011

Fit Mommy Check-In


Monday:
Walked for thirty minutes around the 1/8th mile track while kids were at gym class.  Usually, I find it hard to walk at this track.  It's just so BORING.  So, I decided to try to look at all the blessings.  For one thing, I am walking indoors where it is safe,dry, and free.  The other is that there are windows around half the track so that I can see what is going on outside.

Tuesday:  Rain is coming. Today I did Bob's boot camp and functional fitness.  I know I will be sore tomorrow! 

Wednesday:  (Happy birthday to me!)  It's raining, so I pulled out my newest Leslie Sansone and did a 30 minute walk with stretch bands.  And, yes, I am sore from yesterday's boot camp, but it is a good feeling to be a little sore in the right places. Big news:  heart rate monitor arrived this afternoon! 

Thursday:  My heart rate monitor rocks!!!  Feedback is key, I am learning.  I have been reading a lot on over training from different sources.  Seems I've been working harder than I needed too.  In fact, doing that will cause your body to burn carbohydrates and not fat.  Today, I did a Leslie 2 mile walk with weights.  I really had to pace myself or my heart rate would soar.  It will take some time to get used to this idea that too much effort could be bad.  Weren't we taught to go all out?  It confuses me a little, but I am willing to give this way a try because I certainly enjoyed my workout more and still was a sweaty mess afterwards.

Friday:  Woke up congested and weary, so I just did my strength and toning DVD, which as it turns out was plenty!  My heart rate got up a few times, but did not stay there for too long.  I am still getting used to the monitor, but all in all I think it provides good feedback.  And, it challenges me to do more.  I lugged up 2 heavy baskets of laundry to "see" what my heart rate would be.  Typically, I'd leave that to my husband or the kids.  lol.

Today, I ordered a food scale and new walking shoes with birthday money(Thank you, Mom and Dad)!  I am so excited to start weighing my food.  I am also going to get back to My Fitness Pal, because I did not keep up with my paper food journal as I intended.  I need the accountability. 

It's been a great week, otherwise.  I maintained my weight, even eating birthday cake one evening.  I have "bomb" proofed the house.  There is not much here that I cannot eat.  Sweets are gone.  White flour has been gone for months.  White sugar is gone.  No ginger cookies.  No pretzels that are not whole grain, so consequently no one is eating them! 

If you'd like to see more Fit Mommy Check-in posts, visit Annie Kate
~Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for you!

    Hooray for us!

    Has anybody checked the nutritional value (or lack thereof) of spam? LOL

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I'm so happy you have the support of your family. That makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing great. I hope you enjoy your food scale when it comes it. I really like mine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.