Friday, November 11, 2011

Fit Mommy Check-In: A Ho Hum Week


I injured my wrist last week, trying to start our mower, so I had to take it easy this week, as it is still tender and can't bear too much weight.  That meant no lifting weights.  I was able to use a resistance band, though.  It amazes me how a band can get my heart rate bumped up to another level.  So, this week, I walked with a friend two days, did a Leslie Sansone DVD one day, and worked on the leaves one afternoon, which gets me sweating.

I did OK with my eating, but found myself really wanting grains.  It is just too hard to avoid them completely.  I ate oats for breakfast several times.  I also ate brown rice.  And I ended up making a loaf of whole wheat bread, which was heavenly!  I did not have any refined sugars, instead using Agave or real maple syrup, in moderation.

I dusted off my favorite cook books, both by Leanne Ely, Saving Diner and Saving Dinner the Low-Carb Way.  I made cauliflower cheese soup, which was excellent, tasting just like potato soup.  I also made a crock pot chicken dish that was spicy, but everyone loved it.  I love trying new, healthy recipes!  I have plans to make several new ones this coming week, as well. 

I can't say it was a stellar week, although, I can say that I am doing my best for this moment.  I did not pig out on Halloween candy, for the first time EVER.  I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas, confident that I am going to get to the new year either thinner or the same as now.  That is my goal.  Perhaps the momentum of the new year will bring new lows!

If you'd like to see more Fit Mommy Check-In posts, visit Annie Kate.

5 comments:

  1. I so admire your endurance, you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had successful week! Not giving in to the candy is a big deal. You will do great at Thanksgiving and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week. So glad it went well, and I hope that your wrist is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! You just do what you can, at your own pace. THAT is how you'll be successful, and I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not eating candy is an amazing accomplishment. What saves me is that it almost all contains gluten, so I can't eat it. LOL

    Just keep on keeping on. It's a new lifestyle you're developing, and it's a good one. It will pay over many, many times.

    And if you need inspiration, just go see Kris from Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers. In the last two years she lost 88 pounds and is running her first half marathon soon!

    I often think of her when I consider exercising.

    Have a wonderful week and enjoy your veggies. They are so yummy!

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.