The week was going great with my plan, and then yesterday I talked myself out of doing my strength training. "I just had too much to do!" Lame excuse. My routine only takes 25 minutes. I also had more sugar than I ever do at a friend's home. The excuse I made was that I was offered the Sprite and nothing else. Sure, I could have said, "No thank you, may I have water instead?" But my little greedy mind saw the opportunity and jumped on it. Really. I never drink regular sodas. What came over me?
I paid for that little indulgence. I did not sleep well and I have an upset stomach, not just from the soda, but from the rich broccoli soup she served as well as the white flour rolls. This just shows me that I really need a good plan when I go out.
Anyway, today I am still planning to meet my friend at the park in the freezing cold and walk. Plus, I am not in the mood for much food today. I need to detox after last night.
Otherwise this was a good week. One bad day doesn't undo all of that hard work. I just cannot add to it. If you would like to visit more blogs of people striving to take care of their bodies, visit Annie Kate!
~Jenn
Oh, I know what one bad day can do! But just keep right on going. Enjoy your walk!
ReplyDeleteAnnie Kate
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I've had to have a few of those lessons also. The longer I eat healthy foods the more the unhealthy stuff bothers me.
ReplyDeleteHugs
ReplyDeleteSorry you weren't feeling good, but glad you are getting to know your body better and better. I pray you continue to keep doing what you are doing. :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you, picking up and moving on. One bad day/decision doesn't matter too much in the big picture, but a series of them WILL.
ReplyDeleteGo you!