Monday, November 21, 2011

A Holiday Week

I need a really good plan to make it through Thanksgiving.  Right now, this is what it looks like:

Exercise:  
Monday- walk with friend at the gym (done)
Tuesday- walk with friend at park (rain or shine, I hope)  too busy, also fighting a cold. 

Wednesday - strength training walked with daughter at park

Thursday - Day off
Friday - walk with husband at park (done) 
Saturday- strength training

Food:
My basic plan is going to have to be to make sure that I eat until I am full and not a bite more.  I will have to be careful, since my tendency is to over eat sweets and food that taste really good.  I am limiting my "feasting" to one day, the actual holiday.  I will have to be careful not to extend the holiday for days.

Do you have a plan?

5 comments:

  1. Any plan is better than no plan! Is Thursday too busy for anything? Maybe plan a short bike ride or something with the whole family. The reason I suggest it is not necessarily to get out there and do a WORKOUT, but to do something other than sit/eat/nap/whatever-used-to-be-the-norm.

    I'm doing the usual until Thursday. We're traveling Wednesday afternoon. Thursday I'm going to take a post-meal walk on the bike trail (with or without my peeps). Not sure about Friday or Saturday, but possibly the same trail walk. Traveling back home on Sunday.

    Eating -- anything is all right in moderation! I fully intend to have my mom's cornbread dressing. Probably my favorite holiday dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be like you, trying very hard to eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full. I pray you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plan looks good. I'm actually going to make the apple pie sugar free this year and that will be our only dessert. My hubby is working on his weight also so I figured that would be easier on him. I might make a baked apple for me as I don't eat grains at all. I'm also trying to keep sugar away from my youngsters as much as possible so hopefully they don't get sick as much as last year. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.