Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fit Mommy Check-In

Here I am on the other side of the big eating holiday.  I did weigh on my Wii Fit and I had lost 2 pounds since the last time I weighed on it, but it is lighter than my bathroom scales, so I don't "count" that weight.  But it does make me happy to see that my weight is going down, even if only a pound or two a month.

As for my exercise goals this week.  I'd say I did rather well.

Monday- walk with friend at the gym (done)

Tuesday- walk with friend at park (rain or shine, I hope)  too busy, also fighting a cold. But, I did get lots of credit for  being on my feet all day with the cooking and cleaning.  Plus I went to the grocery store.  I'd say I did well enough.   

Wednesday - strength training walked with daughter at park. She had me marching and doing other things.  She might make a good trainer one day! 

Thursday - Day off.  It's OK to take a day off.  I like to give my knees a break after a vigorous walk. 

Friday - walk with husband at park (done). Forty minutes of sweat! 

Saturday- strength training DVD (done) Used 5# weights!  I bumped it up from 3#. 


Physically this was a hard week with fighting a cold or maybe it was allergies.  I was congested more than usual, tired, and sneezing.  Since I did not have other symptoms I think it was just allergies.  I did kick up a lot of dust in the house with cleaning.


Mentally, this was a tough week because I was trying to do lessons and get ready for our family coming Thursday. I am thankful it all went well and I did not eat way beyond moderation.



I hope you all have had good weeks, too!  Be sure to stop by Annie Kate's to find others trying to be fit mommies!
~Jenn

4 comments:

  1. Jenn, you are doing so well. I have not done anything since Monday morning. The upheaval of having my father-in-law in such poor health and then my husband there...I have been poor pitiful me. Well, that stops today. I may not exercise today but we are cleaning today. We cleaned the family room thoroughly yesterday and today we will work on the kitchen, dining room and kid rooms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing great. I think taking a break from workouts is great. Our bodies need the rest. Sounds like you were very busy anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done so well, Jenn! Great job! And if you make it through the holidays without gaining weight you're doing well...and you've even lost some! Awesome!

    Have a great Sunday and an active week. I hope your allergy issues go away.

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear lady, I just want to say thank you for being an inspiration. I too am over weight and I know I don't get enough exercise. I know that I need to schedule it into my day and make it a priority but it never seems to happen. I hope I will be able to pop back in check up on what you are doing every now and then and be encouraged..
    blessings to you
    Nell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.