![]() |
| Christmas Day |
Last week, I stepped up my efforts and I have to say that all my hard work paid off, because when I weighed on Monday, my weight was the same as the lowest it has been. This means I succeeded in my goal not to gain any weight over Christmas, but to still enjoy my favorite foods. This week has been going well, too. I've been working hard,trying to learn new skills and bump up my endurance a little.
Sunday & Monday were days off. We were traveling on Sunday. Monday we had company over. I wanted to take a stroll both days, but gave into my slacker side.
Tuesday: 3 brisk miles with the stretchy band, a big challenge for me.
Wednesday: Flexibility and Carry A Load via Dr. Vonda Wright's book Fitness after 40. I feel like I am starting all over again. This is challenging, but doable.
Going to slowly work up to the recommended reps.
Thursday: Another 3 brisk miles, but not with the stretchy band this time. My arms are SORE! I was so tired this afternoon, too. 3 miles is hard for me, but 2 miles is easy. I must keep trying.
Friday: Flexibility and Carry A Load, easier today, felt less like a newbie, but still a very, very long way to go. I was not sore!
Saturday I plan to go to the park with my family and take a brisk walk.
Sunday I will rest again.
My Eating, on the other hand, is in need of a big tune up! I've been liberal with permission to eat the foods I love. Now it is time to put the cookies into the trash and work on my new goals.
This week I have been focusing on the simple goal of eating 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. That one simple thing is all I am going to concentrate on this whole month, until it becomes ingrained in my habits. I also need to limit sugar, but the fruits and vegetable goal is first on my list. Sugar will be next month's goal, I think. I will tie it into Lent. So far this week, I've made the effort and have eaten 5 A Day every day. :-)
So, how is your week going? Do you have any new goals?
~Jenn
To find others working to improve their health, visit Annie Kate.

I'm with you - "put off" sugar, "put on" fruits and vegetables (especially now since oranges are in season! Fruit salad, yummy yummy...
ReplyDeleteSounds great. I like the idea of working on one thing all month before starting something more. I'm going to have to try that. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea to focus on vegetables and fruit! You'll find it makes a huge difference.
ReplyDeleteOn unmotivated days, you could drink some V8. That's what I do to fill my quota when I haven't had enough 'real' veggies. So now we always have V8 in the house. :)
Happy new year to you and yours.
Thanks for linking up!
Annie Kate
And ... how was your saterday?
ReplyDeleteI wish you a very Happy New Year!
Goals ... to be a more patient mother.
Great!!
ReplyDeleteI just threw out the candy ...only a few cookies left. ( they are oatmeal and I just cannot toss em!) I am considering joining Fit Mommy...but I so fail at memes. I really need the accountability of honest friends!
ReplyDeleteGoals: Move more, eat good food.
Keeping the goals as simple as I can!
I have physical limitations which keep me from moving ( ie walking / running/ any kind of high impact stuff) but I am going to walk one block a day which is more than I can do now...one step at a time.
I love the stretchy band! I use it on my 4-mile sometimes.
ReplyDelete