Friday, March 9, 2012

Fit Mommy Check In

A recent lunch, except for the apple. 

I've been "walking" sick this week, meaning I felt crummy, but not bad enough to stop me from keeping up with my normal activities, except exercise.  I don't feel guilty either.  It just did not happen.  I gave my all to keep the house running. Plus, I've been eating less and that makes me tired. 

I did journal my foods all week.  This helps me stay on track.  I worked on trying to not need a snack in the morning.  This was hard, but I was successful most days.  I am also trying not to snack in the afternoon unless there are more than 4 hours between lunch and dinner.  Some nights I have to wait until after 7PM to eat with my husband.  I usually like to eat before 6.  So a little snack at 4 has helped.  Of course, I am only supposed to have fruit, nuts, or vegetables for a snack.  (Sometimes I need all three! )

I am not sure I feel a lot better at the moment.  I have a white spot on my tonsil that is worrying me.  It's not sore, but probably means I am still fighting the bug.  I may need to go see a doctor, but I hate to pay the expense.  I am hoping I can still get better on my own.  Therefore, I am not sure about exercising until I feel better. 

Setting some goals for this week:

1.  Keep trying to limit snacks.  Make sure I eat enough at mealtimes to last
2.  As soon as I am well, start walking outside again. 
3.  Keep up the food journal. 
4.  Make sure I am eating slowly and not putting too much on my plate to start. 

If you'd like to read others interested in improving their health, check out Annie Kate's blog and JoAnn's Journey.  

1 comment:

  1. Well, except for your illness, it sounds like you've had a good week. Glad that you are eating less and that things are going good. I hope you can start walking more soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.