Monday, March 12, 2012

My Plan For the Week

Here comes rain again.

This week has all the promise of spring wrapped into it with high temperatures supposed to be in the 70's after today's rain passes.  So, that means I am going to try to get back on track with my exercising.  Since I am still not sleeping totally well, waking up coughing due to drainage, I am going to ease myself back into things. (A little is better than nothing, right?) 

I live in a great walking neighborhood.  The streets are not busy.  My home sits on a half mile block that I can easily walk around in less than 10 minutes.  My goal for this week is to simply walk around that block once a day, taking a kid with me, in addition.  I know it is not very much, however, it will accomplish one big thing, and that is get me out the door!  I am still coughing up stuff (sorry to be gross) and so I do not want to go overboard in the aerobic department until that is gone.

If all goes well, I will add a second lap next week, until I am back to my normal health.  It is hard to want to get moving again with lack of good sleep, so just putting my walking shoes on would be a success!  Illness, injury have taken a tole on me this winter.

I also need to get back to my stretching, so I plan to do that 2 times this week in addition to the gentle walking.

I'll let you know how it goes Friday!
~Jenn 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are having some spring weather. I hope you start healing and get to get out more. We've been walking a lot lately, it's been great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better. We just keep passing this stuff around and around. ( even with all the cleaning ect). I am sick again. Just as I was starting to get back on track with exercise. So I am with you one step and one block at a time...if the rain will let up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your plan. Walking is so good for you physically and emotionally. Take it easy and you will get it done. When I first started I could only walk a few minutes but I kept at it and now I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.