Friday, March 23, 2012

Fit Mommy Update



I'd love to report that I got out each and every beautiful day this week, but sadly, I did not.  I walked one day.  That's it.  I can't seem to do much more when I am working on eating less.  I do have a walking date this morning, but right now it is raining, so I am not sure it will happen. 

I can report that I've done a good job with my eating this week.  I really cut down on meat and dairy.  I feel better.  There is less congestion and I've not felt the need to take my allergy medications that I normally take during the spring bloom.  This might be from limiting my dairy, which causes mucus production. 

I want to continue limiting my meat and dairy.  I need to find a good cook book at the library.  I found a vegan one, but it uses lots of processed foods and it was full of "mock" meats.  I don't want faux meatloaf or faux macaroni and cheese!  (Not saying I want to be a total vegan either. Flexitarianism??   :-))

I plan to weigh tomorrow.  I have not weighed for over a week.  I really wanted to just concentrate on my eating this week.  I need to get my bike out of the shed this weekend.  Grace asked to go on a ride.  I think that would help a lot.  So, I'll make that a goal for the weekend! 

Happy Eating,
~Jenn



If you'd like to read more Fit Mommy posts, please see Annie Kate! 

3 comments:

  1. Finding time to exercise is so important! I hope that you can because it always made me feel so much better.

    We don't eat much meat either. I do not like the faux meats as they are often so full of sodium and fillers even though they are vegetarian or vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such out of curiosity why is that all you can handle when eating less? Is it less energy from less food? I just ask because I have dealt with something similar, I get so very hungry when I do a full 'workout' that it seems like I'm eating more when I'm working out. But now that I'm just doing PT and walking I'm not overly hungry. Of course I'm not walking nearly as much as you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we can walk Sunday while Trevor is at Amazin Praisn'?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.