Here are the positives:
- I got a "good job" from my health coach when I turned in my food log this past week.
- I lost a pound, bringing the total to 31 pounds.
- I managed to take 2 bike rides. (I plan to do another today or walk.)
- I found an interesting website, Mindless Eating. I loved the videos about their studies. Very eye opening! I am on the waiting list for the book at the library.
- I read a great book, The Portion Teller. Dr. Young does a good job spelling out what exactly is a serving size and how many you need a day.
- I received encouraging words from Diane who blogs at Fit to the Finish. You should go check out her blog. Thank you, Diane. You are very kind to take time from your busy world to encourage others.
- My kids are on board with selling the candy they receive from church twice a week to me (which I toss). They are starting to see that foods should not be a reward. Not that the candy is even food. Don't worry, I don't restrict them, I buy them better candy. (Is there such a thing?) I buy candy without corn syrup, anyway and they eat it with meals, but not every single meal.
- Move more: go to a park, take a bike ride at least twice, play with the kids, mow the grass, pull weeds
- Make an exercise chart and reward myself for keeping my goals, hang it on the refrigerator for all to see
- Continue to avoid sugar

This is a good week for me because I have proven to myself that I have what it takes to get up at 5:30 to exercise, even during the worst of tax season!
ReplyDeleteBut I will not be getting up at 5:30 am on Saturday. I'm disciplined, not nuts.
Great job! My husband does that too, and I'm so impressed!
DeleteGetting up at 5:30 is dedication, for certain! I get up in the 6 o'clock hour to make his breakfast. I'd be better off if I got up at 5:30 to exercise with him, though!
DeleteGreat week. We are taking next week off also. I can't wait to rest and maybe get some extra gardening and housework done.
ReplyDeleteI like your goals. I still need to go for a bike ride.
Great week! Congratulations on those 31 pounds. You've been doing so well!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful spring break with lots of fun outside time. I found out again how important it is to avoid sugar. I had some yesterday and don't feel so good now. Sigh.
I hope to check out some of your resources, but not today; it's still too busy here. Have a great weekend!
Sounds like things are going well. It's always so nice to hear when others find things that work for them, so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI didn't get to rest much on my spring break, it was a very busy break. Maybe this week when we start school again, I'll be able to rest more. :)