Here are the positives from this last week:
- I've lost 33#!!! I really, really need some summer pants because the old ones hang and are so baggy that they are actually uncomfortable. So, I will have to find the money in the budget somewhere. Maybe my babysitting money one week could buy a couple pairs of capri?
- I've walked three times this past week. Walking at the parks that are nearby is so nice. I love seeing the birds and watching spring unfold all around me. My legs are sore, so I know I am getting some exercise.
Some not so positives:
- I ate some popcorn and that flared up a painful episode in my side. Finally I remembered to take apple cider vinegar and it cleared right up. I think popcorn is off my list. I knew this, but it had been awhile since I ate it and had forgotten.
- I could have walked more.
My goals for next week:
- to keep on doing what I am doing because it is working!
- I am going to walk or ride my bike at least 3 or more times.
- I am going to stay away from white potatoes, which I always overeat.
- I am going to have a small slice of home made cake on Easter Sunday. Then, I am sending any leftovers home with my cousin who is in college. The cake is not going to stay here! I don't want my weight to creep up over the weekend.
I have a question to ask you, dear readers. I've been struggling with the whole idea that eating should only be for fuel and balancing the desire I have to eat refined sweets once in awhile. I really don't want to set myself up for failure by saying I will never eat sugar and white flour again, because that is what would happen. Yet, I can't eat it without feeling guilty because I know it is non-nutritive and causes my body harm. Do you think of these things, too? Do you have a way to balance these foods?
I think for me, right now my weight is a crisis situation and I need to get to a reasonable weight before I allow these things back into my life. This scares me, because that last time I lost major weight by restricting carbs, I gained it all back. The difference now of course is that I am not restricting carbs.
If you'd like to join others who are trying to get healthy, visit Annie Kate!

It seems to me as if saying "no" forever will never work. So we say moderation, but what does that mean? to me, it means the smaller serving sizes, aided by the smaller plates and dishes. A slice of cake is OK. A big slice Sunday, then the rest of the cake Monday is not!
ReplyDeleteGet some pants! Love you!
First, I love what your husband said, and I agree completely.
ReplyDeleteI think for me I don't know that I always think of the nutritional value, because sometimes I just want a snack. My prayer isn't that somehow the snack will become nutritious, but that the Lord will help me to not overeat with the snack. I don't diet, so I try very hard not to feel 'guilty' for eating or not eating something. It's not about guilt, it's about focusing on the Lord and keep taking the steps you are taking.
Now, when you say it causes your body harm, what do you mean? If you mean that it has no nutritional value, that's one thing (and I just gave my opinion on that :) ). But if it does cause your body physical pain, like the popcorn, then I would omit it because of that reason. Not because of some 'standard' someone put out there. I know certain foods will flare up my IBS. I don't stay away from those foods completely, but I know if I eat too much of them, my IBS will flare up. I don't stay away from them because of a 'diet' issue, or because someone says that the nutritional value isn't what it 'should' be. I stay away from it because I know for me, it will flare up my IBS. Does that make sense?
I think you are making some great strides in your weight loss and overall in your view on eating. I pray that the Lord will continue to guide you on the path He has for you.
I guess what I mean is that sugar is not really good for any one. It doesn't add anything nutritive to my body. Some say it actually does harm to our bodies raising our blood sugar and the like.
DeleteWe pray before we eat. Occasionally we've had a very unhealthy meal and I can't very well ask God to bless the food. So in midstream I need to change that to 'let it not hurt us too much.' After that, I don't make meals like that very easily, I can tell you!
ReplyDeleteJust keep on keeping on. Remember, the first bite of any treat is the best, and any subsequent bite is just a search for the goodness of the first mouthful. So enjoy the first mouthful and skip the rest.
You've been doing great, another two pounds down and a lot of exercise! Way to go!
Thanks Annie Kate. If only I could train myself to want just one bite!
DeleteGOOD JOB!!
ReplyDelete