Friday, April 13, 2012

Fit Mommy Update

Fit Mommy time again!

Oxymoron?  Healthcare and soda? Well, there is the one bottle of water! 
This week's positives:

  • Received another "good job" from my health coach.  
  • Worked out a plan to make camping a healthier activity this year.  Going to bring lots of chopped veggies, not get donuts, ice cream, and have smores in the same day, do a lot of hiking.  
  • I have not felt like eating much the last two days because my kitty had to be put to sleep and I am just not very hungry.  This is a positive because I did not turn to food for comfort! 
  • Easter went well. I ate one slice of cake.  The whole 8" cake was sliced into 10 pieces!  No one ate too much cake that way.  I also watched my portions with the other foods.  
The negatives:
  • Didn't walk as much as I wanted. 
  • Ate too many carbs (jelly beans) on Monday
  • Mental attack high with being sad about my cat  
  • Always need to eat more veggies & less sugar
Next week:  At this point, I am too emotionally drained to think much farther than this evening's small group gathering coming to our house.  I am sure I will just keep on keeping on!

I am reading another book, Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy, by Walter C. Willett, M.D.  So far it is OK.  I do like the food pyramid that the Harvard Medical School endorses and is in the book.   It's here, if you want to see it. 




3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you did the best with what you had this week! I hope next week is easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's too bad about your kitty. Losing an animal friend is hard. I pray that you and your family will find comfort in God's goodness.

    What a huge triumph for you, though, that you did not try to find comfort in food. That's a major breakthrough.

    I hope next week will be more cheerful. For now, just rest and grieve and be kind to yourself in a healthy way.

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you did great with the week you've had. I think no matter what, there will always be things I can work on with my eating and walking. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.