Friday, May 4, 2012

"Weakly" an Update



Another week has flown by.  I feel as if I have been floating through my life the last couple weeks or more.  By that, I mean that I  just keep doing what I've been doing and pretty much, that is it.  Nothing really new to report here with my diet.  I almost didn't post this update, because I didn't feel as if I'd really done much this week.  But then I saw that quote up above today and thought I'd at least have to write something down to record this week of my journey.  I am sure that when a person is on such a long and tiresome journey there are temptations to give up writing down the details.  I really do want to remember these days.  I hope to use these words to encourage myself to keep going and never give up! 

Positives:
  • I love the lunch routine.  Today I had shredded zucchini with beans and toast with an orange on the side.
  • I am eating more fruits and veggies.
  • I am eating less meat and sugar.
  • I have been spending time outside weeding, which is a good workout.
  • It's getting easier to say no, especially when tempting foods are commercially made. 
  • I'm not beating myself up about my exercise goals. 
Negatives:
  • I feel as if my portions have been on the rise and I need to remember to slow down.  
  • I could be more consistent with my exercise, although, I am feeling a little more like trying, lately.  
  • My weight was up and down all week.  I feel grumpy when it does that.  
  • I didn't ride my bike and I really wanted to.  INERTIA is hard to over come.  

5 comments:

  1. Wanna hike a dune with me? The latest weather forecasts don't seem too disastrous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'weakly' update!

    Just keep right on keeping on and you'll get there! That's what Briana's wonderful Fit Mommy post reminded me of--it takes a lot of time and a lot of commitment and boring weeks, but it works.

    You're lucky you can go hiking in the dunes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping on gets you to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep right on going. I have hard weeks like this too. It sounds like you are doing good. I think you are coming up with some great things to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your positive list is longer than your negative list and that's a good thing! Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.