I've been feeling kind of rotten these last couple weeks and finally went to see my doctor after I lost 9 pounds in two weeks, couldn't eat in the morning from nausea, and was just plain feeling bad from lack of sleep, among other things.
I am so thankful for my doctor. He said it was a classic case of hypoglycemia from not eating enough. The answer is to eat! :-)
Of course, I did not set out to lose that much weight so quickly, it was just a cycle I was in. I was so nauseated by food in the morning that I was skipping breakfast. Going that long without food, was causing the symptoms.
Last night, I ate a little protein before bed. I slept wonderfully until my son woke me at 4 to say he was cold and his covers were on the floor. :-o I got up and helped him, then ate half of a protein bar. I fell back to sleep and when I got up, the nausea was gone. I was able to eat breakfast!
My doctor also said that I was not over the dehydration I experienced camping and to keep working on drinking plenty of fluids.
I am going to tweak my eating to include some snacks. I had stopped snacking because my "health coach" had said to. Anyway, that puts my weight loss to 43 pounds! The last 9 pounds have been a rough way to go, but I'll take them. Now, to slow things back down to a reasonable pace.
On another note, my dear husband, fixed my old bike, so that now I can ride it again and that leaves my other bike to my daughter who loves it and needs a bike that fits her. Yay! Thank you, Honey!

Oh, so sorry Jenn, what a tough way to loose weight. We have dealt with that with Sarah the past couple of days. And trying to get past the nausea to get food was the hard part for her too. So glad you are doing better and that you know what it is and what to watch for. :)
ReplyDeleteI had to learn that too. I was amazed at how the protein at bedtime made such a difference.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing better! You are doing so well on your lifestyle changes.
Yes, a bit of protein at bedtime can be so wonderful in helping me sleep!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you figured out what was wrong...and I'm glad you lost the weight anyhow. :) Now you can settle down, like you said, and just maintain for a while.
Holey moley. I'm glad you got that figured out! Slow and steady. FWIW, snacking is important for me. I typically snack on almonds, fruit, a Larabar ... something decent, but definitely a snack. Now that I think about it, I do go for protein before bed. Hmmm.
ReplyDelete