I am glad to say that I am feeling stronger each day, getting more sleep at night, and not having too much trouble with the hypoglycemia symptoms as long as I don't go too long between meals. I have maintained my weight loss of 45 pounds. I did not meet my exercise goals. I became dizzy when I did my weight training DVD during the stretching and so I gave up for the week. I did ride my bike once. And I did keep more active in general. We had record heat arrive mid-week, so that kept me from doing a lot more. I did try to get outside each morning before the heat of the day for some fresh air. I do not feel bad about my not meeting my goals. They were set before I knew how I was really doing physically. I am eating more fruits and vegetables. I need to keep up with that goal. It is sometimes hard, especially towards the end of the week when we run out and I've already spent over $60 on fresh foods alone for the week! If I only had a fruit farm in my backyard! :-) So, for this coming week, I am just going to try to maintain and add back exercise a little more slowly. Hopefully the mornings will allow for some bike rides here and there. The following week is VBS and all my energy will be spent there. (Lord have mercy!)
Have a great week,
Jenn
Sounds like you are doing great. I think you've had a great week. So glad you are feeling better. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're doing so well, listening to your body and adapting your plans and slowly moving forward.
ReplyDeleteYes, fresh produce can be expensive. During non-gardening season we focus on the inexpensive ones: cabbage, carrots, onions, and whatever else is in season or on sale, as well as some frozen out of season things. It gives us a chance to eat that much more produce without breaking the budget.
I especiallly like doing it for fruit. This week pineapples are on sale, and we'll probably get 3 or 4. Last week it was strawberries and home-grown currants.
Right now, we're eating out of the garden too, but that doesn't really apply to your family until your tomato plants start producing. :) Are they doing well?