Friday, July 6, 2012

Weekly Update

Good afternoon, friends!  This week has been pretty good.  I had to navigate lots of social eating.  We had a cook out here, went out to eat two times and had one trip to Starbucks.  I think I did a great job making good choices.  The extreme record breaking heat was a challenge to my exercise goals, but I did OK there, too.  All in all, I am happy with this week's work on getting healthy.  


The positives: 
  • I met my goal to be more active.  I took a couple longer bike rides and even did a Leslie Sansone DVD one morning. I've tried hard to get outside before the extreme heat arrives in the afternoon. 
  • I made an effort to eat more fruits and vegetables.  My goal here is to eat one very large serving of greens a day, in addition to my usual 5-7 servings a day.  Smoothies have helped this goal. 
  • I lost a pound.  :-) 
  • I bought some capri length pants, finally!  What made me go?  VBS is next week and I need something to wear.  
  • I drank lots more water this week. I never want to get dehydrated again!  It's hard to bounce back from.   
The downside:
  • I am still waking up at night.  I think it is the water intake and the fact that it is so warm in our bedroom.  The temperature should change in a couple days and I do try not to drink after 7PM, but sometimes it doesn't help.  This lack of sleep is rough.  
  • I have eaten more sugar than I should in the past week.  I also have been craving potato chips of all things!  
  • I probably need to cut down on the amount of nuts I am eating.  And I need to make sure they are raw.  
Next week is VBS.  I am going to be kind to myself and not place a lot of expectations on myself.  I do want to remain diligent with my eating and moving, but I may have to figure out how to get it all done with having to be at church at 8:20 every morning.  And I know I will be exhausted each afternoon. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week despite all the extra yummy food around and the heat. And you lost another pound! Good for you!

    You're wise to have laid back fitness goals for next week. I hope it will be a wonderful week for you and the 1000 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did great this week. I had to navigate the many food choices too, and probably didn't do as well as I would like, but that's ok. I'm trying to give myself some grace. ;)

    I won't be doing a Fit Mommy Friday post this week, just not up to it. The heat is starting to drain me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it is God's will that I serve in VBS as support for you! We will get this upcoming week done together!

    OK lady I love you bye bye!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.