A whole week has gone by and I must say that I am feeling a lot better. I saw my doctor on Monday of this week. He thinks I am doing great. I had lost two pounds since my last visit a few weeks ago. All my blood work is normal, too. That is a huge relief. The nausea is gone. I feel stronger.
I am going to focus on moving for enjoyment this next week, as my husband will be off for the next 10 days. There will be a lot of walking, swimming, and biking. But it will all be for enjoyment, not exercise. I've lost sight of this part of my life. If I wasn't breaking a sweat, it didn't seem to count in my mind, but this is not true.
I'm also going to keep on avoiding sugar. I've done a good job with this the last couple of weeks. There is no reason to go back to my once a day indulgences at this point! It's not hard to do once you're out of the habit. Maybe it is just a bad habit that can be broken after all! (Although, I am not going to say I will be sugar free forever, just for now.)
That's all I have to say for now. Have a great week!
Jenn
Disc golf anyone?
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you're doing better. I am as well, as my appetite is slowly coming back.
ReplyDeleteMoving for enjoyment - that's a concept that I actually have not thought about. I mean, I thrive on my circuit training workouts and other various exercises. However, I must admit that I DO them as "work." Yes, I enjoy them, but I do them for a purpose - to keep my weight down. I'll need to think about this "moving for enjoyment" concept a bit further.
I'm avoiding sugar as well, though I don't feel guilty anymore about having something sweet every now and then. :)
Sounds like things are going great for you. I had lost site of movement for enjoyment too. It's always a blessing when we realize that again. I hope you have a fun blessed week with your hubby home. :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have a fun week full of fitness ahead.
ReplyDeleteI think it's easier to just be sugar free. Once I try to eat only an occasional treat it turns into every day and then a few times a day. I would just rather make something that is naturally sweet or sweetened with stevia. Like fruit and whipped cream or berry ice cream. Yummy and nourishing.
Being active for fun is a wonderful idea. Once you get it to be part of your life, I think you'll become fitter and fitter because you'll enjoy it so much. And then if you do exercise for exercise's sake, it will seem so much more worthwhile!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you've had this breakthrough idea! And I'm so thankful you're feeling better!
((hugs))