Halloween candy, non-stop, for two weeks has stalled my progress, but seriously, I am not upset. Those little candies are in the past now. I made it through this challenge. I am holding steady. Yes, I do plan to go forward, but I am not willing to deprive myself completely, so therefore, here I am.
My best plan of action to get through this coming week's feast is to limit leftovers. I plan to have a little of all my favorites on Thanksgiving, but after that, I am not going to eat leftovers. One day won't matter too much, but days on end do.
For Christmas, we are not going to do our regular holiday baking. That will help a lot. I am not sad, either. Cookies are a trigger food for me and so I don't need them around. As for parties, we don't go to too many.
Thanks to birthday money, I have three pairs of winter pants that fit. I have some new shirts, too. The rest of my clothes will do. It doesn't matter if sweaters are roomy. I am so glad to have some pants to wear!!!
One area that I need to improve is exercising more consistently. When it got cold, I stopped walking outside as much. We put our bikes in the storage shed, too. We will still go to play disc golf on the weekends. I did do Wii Fit and I plan to do walking tapes. It's just a habit I need to develop again.
Otherwise, all is well here, and I am thankful that things are steady.
~Jenn
I'm in the same boat as you, holding steady. I really want to get some of that clothing that runners wear so they can still run during the winter. We have a running shop here in town (running is a huge thing out here). I want to stop in and see how much it would cost. Probably out of my price range, but I would really like to try and walk during the winter. I'll let you know if I ever do. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, it's so hard to get into a routine of winter exercise. I'm so thankful for our treadmill, but I prefer being outside whenever possible.
ReplyDeleteHolding steady is a good goal for the holidays, I think. Anything more is unrealistic.
Enjoy your feasting! Food is a good gift of God!