Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1st is Here!

Hey friends!
I stepped on my scales this morning, hoping for the best.  What a surprise I got!  The reading was oooo?  Oops!  The battery was dead!  How's that for a new year blessing in disguise?  Now I can't start the year off all depressed! Well, I could, because I've been sick, the kids sick, the house is a mess, and I want to tackle those resolves RIGHT NOW, but I'm too weak to walk across the room.  Sigh.  So, I am choosing joy today.  That's right.  I'm looking at the bright side.  And here are some things to celebrate:

My precious family is healing.
Jeff took the kids sledding.
Grace made us whole grain blueberry muffins.
The snow predicted yesterday didn't stick.
I am feeling like I am going to live!  (Wasn't sure I wanted to a couple days this weekend.)
I can smell again!
I was able to start this new year by reading His Word.
My kitty likes me.  (This is big for a rescue.)
And, the best news of all is that my dear precious ones have an accepted offer on the most wonderful house! 

All this and more makes me so thankful, this first day of 2013!  As for resolves, they can wait until I get over this virus!  Happy New Year one and all!

1 comment:

  1. What a great list, and so many sweet blessings. I hope you feel 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.