Thursday, January 17, 2013

Getting Back on Track

Thankfully the holidays are behind us!  Sickness seems to be as well.  Although, the sickness left me feeling very weak and stuck in a place where I didn't know how to get motivated to move again.  It took effort to just walk across the room!  So, last week, I determined to get myself unstuck!

My plan was as simple as to just move for 10 minutes each day.  Since it has been cold, I decided to do Wii Fit Plus.  My calorie goal was around 100 per session.  Depending on what I do, it takes more or less time.

This week, I upped the goal to 15 minutes.  I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is huge and very helpful to get my mind unstuck.  I have no excuses.  I can do anything for 15 minutes.  And, I find that I usually do more, but I know I can stop at 15 if I want too, and that is key.

I am rebuilding the habit of exercise one day at a time.

PS...  I just remembered.  I am very excited about going on a winter hike this weekend.  I am glad I've made the effort to recover so that I can go on this hike with confidence.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing good. I know I need to move around more too, but I, unlike, have not pushed myself yet. :) But I'm going to try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are wise to rebuild your stamina slowly. I'm glad you're feeling better and getting back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you, I am sure the biggest step is just making the effort to do something everyday.. I have just started back this week at a gym doing a thirty minute workout and thier diet plan. hoping to continue with this. Happy new year.
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every step forwad is a step forward! Those 5 minutes each day add up to a half hour session each week...like a whole extra day!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.