I have been very consistent with my exercising the last 9 weeks. I am pushing myself a little, too. I huffed and puffed for 40 minutes today. I remember back when I started over, after being so sick, I would go for 10 minutes and be happy. I also notice that going up stairs I don't need to use my arms to help haul myself up. And, I have more energy.
The only thing missing is my eating being back on track. My son's birthday has set me back. We made a big cake. Then we had cupcakes. He brought homemade cookies from Nana's. My daughter made cookies. Just this week! And I was weak. I ate more than I should. It would not be so bad if I limited my "celebrating" to the actual event, but when it spreads out into a week, it is hard to break the cycle of eating sweets. I love sweets! Ah well, at least I am moving every day.
And, I am not discouraged. This is life. I need to find a way to navigate these events better, that's all. I will. I have already decided we are not going to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. That would just be an excuse to make something yummy. We will eat green... salads!
It's time to get our bikes out of the shed, soon!
Well done for not giving up.
ReplyDeleteI have seen an advertisement on TV lately, it is actually about the habit of smoking but I find that it could relate to eating and health just as much it goes something like the first time i tried giving up smoking I lasted a day the next time I lasted a couple of weeks then six months then a year.. now I have gone three years...
as we practice the habits eventually our will gets stronger.. I like this idea. I too am where you are at. sometimes I am good and very strong other times I falter some times for days or weeks as life interferes but I am not giving up and one day I will be where I want to be and probably won't remember the struggle of getting there.
blessings to you for sharing and encouraging others.
NEll
You are doing well, spring is coming and that propels all of us forward.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing great. 40 minutes, that is awesome. And who says that St. Patty day treats need to be surgery? A salad is most definitely green, so are many veggies. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, I don't know how I missed this last week! I must have checked too early. LOL
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're doing great. I was secretly worried that you had given up, and I'm so glad I was wrong!
Moving makes all the difference. Food will catch up sooner or later, and eating salads for St P's is a perfect idea.