Friday, February 28, 2014

Submission

Plodding away, that's what I am doing.  I am working out 3 to 5 times a week.  I am reading a great book by Andy Stanley, The Principle of the Path.  I am trying to remember to make good choices with my food. My mantra is "happy now or happy later?"  I read a really good quote from the book yesterday that has really hit me as relevant to my journey.

"Choosing the right path begins with submission, not information.  Not even direction.  Submission.  Specifically, submission to the One who knows where each path leads, as well as where it doesn't lead.  Submission to the One who knows what's best for you better than you know what's best for you."

I have always known that I have tons of information.   I know what it takes to lose weight.  But submission, maybe that is my problem.  I want my cake and to eat it too!   So, I have some praying to do about my submission problem.  Anyway, at least I am making progress in my brain!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are definitely learning some great things. And working out 3 to 5 times a week, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercising 3-5 times a week, especially in this weather, is doing good. But keeping away from the goodies is hard. Yet, I know you can do it! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.