Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring is Here!

Happy spring!!!

How is everyone?  I am well, thank you.  I am continuing to exercise with my "personal" trainer, also known as my oldest son.  He is one tenacious lad.  He doesn't let me get away with any excuses.

I have been "retested" against my baseline starting point back in December.  I have improved in all areas except in my abdominals.  And all the measurements are tiny baby step improvements, but hey, they are progress.  I do need to work on my aerobic conditioning, too.  I noticed that I huffed up 2 flights of stairs at church this week.  :(

Eating is still a focus.  I have gone back to no snacks between meals.  I am trying to cut down on sugar, but trying is not always doing.  I am praying about a sugar fast.

I am still reading Made to Crave and Principle of the Path, slowly.  I am taking notes.  I am praying about what I learn.  I am also thinking about buying Trim Healthy Mama.  I wish the library had it so that I could see it first.  It is not cheap.

I am very glad about spring, if you didn't know.  I am excited to keep walking outside, ride bikes, and shoot baskets with my sons.  Hiking at a park will be coming up as soon as tax season is over and my husband is free on weekends again.

Hope you all are having a healthy and happy start to spring!
~Jenn


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are making great progress. I wanted to check Trim Healthy Mama out too before buying it, but our library doesn't have it either. :( I guess they don't sell to libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jenn, I wish you well. You just keep right on keeping on!

    You can always ask your library to get Trim Healthy Mama; most libraries have a policy of getting books recommended by their patrons. I wrote about that a few months ago: http://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/2014/01/bless-your-community-and-your-homeschool-by-suggesting-library-books-to-purchase/

    Getting your library to purchase worthwhile books is really a simple and effective way of blessing your community.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.