Friday, August 8, 2014

Dedication!

Today, my youngest two and I headed out in a light rain to make sure we got our bike ride in.  We are averaging 23 miles a week, trying to train for our bike tour next month.  It's not a long tour, just 10 or 20 miles, but still I am proud of them for sticking with it.

 I enjoy our rides each morning.  I am hoping to get a bike trainer for the winter so that we can keep up with it, although I know it won't be the same as outside.  I love the wind blowing on me, looking at all the sites to see!

Trash day is particularly interesting, getting to see what is set out on the curb.  One day, a little dog chased us.  Lots of times we are racing to beat the school bus through the neighborhoods. Little children standing on the curbs watching us go by say interesting things.  It somehow seems odd to them that we'd be out riding. And I am amazed that there are so many kids, because I never see them outside other than bus time.

3 comments:

  1. That is so great that you all are keeping up with it, even in the rain. Sounds like a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know you are one of many inspirations.. I am joining you in getting "back on track" I have a new other blog.. the overly feathered barnswallow.. you can link it from my main blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.