And just like that, it is fall! Fall around here means more rain, and cooler temperatures, both things I love. Except at the moment, it makes bike riding more challenging. And there is more wind, too. I think wind is my arch nemesis.
Not much else I can do except to keep an eye to the sky, dart out when it looks dry, and then wear a rain jacket in case I guessed wrong. I thought fall was going to be easier than late summer, where humidity is my worst enemy. :)
For my birthday, I received a pair of new tires for my bike. They are street tires. Somehow that makes them more challenging, so my distances have taken a hit. I have to work so much harder with these tires and I am not sure why. My goal right now is to just get out each day, and push myself to keep going. Surely it will get easier or I will get stronger.
Today I ordered a bike trainer to use indoors. I am hoping this will take care of the rain and wind concerns. I know it will be a challenge to use every day, but I am going to try. I don't want to lose ground this winter.
I am also making an effort for the next two weeks while I am on fall break to do my weight routine at least 4 times a week. My goal is to keep active this winter. I think I have a chance!
I think you do too! I am off the fitness wagon right now. I am trying to get the routines established for our week's but there seem to be something come up every week to challenge my time.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are doing great. I'm in a bit of a stall myself, like Melissa. I do have a stationary bike in our garage that I keep thinking I need to bring in and start using again. It just clutters our room so much when I do. I wish our garage was insulated, I could ride it in there. :)
ReplyDelete