Friday, October 17, 2014

Frustrations

"The more weight you'd like to permanently lose, the more of your life you'll need to permanently change. All this study proves is that temporary changes lead to only temporary results and that what matters to your longterm success isn't the speed with which you lose your weight, but whether you lose your weight with a lifestyle that you enjoy enough to sustain."  Yoni Freedhoff MD Weighty Matters 

But how do you make those lasting changes enjoyable and permanent?  I have lost and gained so much weight in my lifetime. My current approach is to work on loving exercise.  And I am making progress in that area.  I do enjoy working out with my oldest son, riding bikes with my kids, playing disc golf with my husband.  

But the eating is not working so well.  The more I exercise, the more I want to eat.  Sigh.  I am contemplating another stab at behavior modification.  I am thinking about getting Dr. Freedhoff''s book.    It's on my Amazon wishlist, anyway!  

I do agree with Dr. Freedhoff.  I need to enjoy my lifestyle changes in order to sustain them.  I am just not there yet. I will keep trying.  Obesity is a chronic, lifelong struggle.  


I'll stop complaining and get back to work! 

1 comment:

  1. I find the food area the hardest part too. But you are making great progress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.