Monday, December 1, 2014

Keep on Keeping On

With hosting Thanksgiving,  teaching high school at home, and juggling life in general,  my exercise routine got off track last week. No biggie.  I'm back at it today. Honestly,  with all the cleaning,  I probably did ok.

I also got tired of tracking my food. So... I need to do some thinking about that. I really get bogged down with calorie counting. I tried using my fitness pal again,  but the app didn't always work properly, so I'd have to record on my husband's laptop.

So, here I am. It's the holiday season. Cookies will be baked. Parties will be attended. I will do my best to make good choices. Here is what I ate today:


  • 6:30AM  Actually measured 1 cup of Kashi cereal,  1/2 cup plain almond milk, 10 oz. Coffee with 1 tsp sugar, dash of half and half
  • 10 AM lime Chobani
  • 12PM chicken breast, green beans, 2 pepermint sticks, decaf unsweet tea
  • 3PM air popped popcorn,  orange after 45 minutes of weights with number one son
  • 6:30PM 1/2 of a ham, cheese, broccoli with whole wheat crust quiche, 2 more pepermint sticks while I cleaned up dishes. Probably shouldn't have had the 2nd piece of quiche, but it was so good! I hadn't made one in a long time. 


6 comments:

  1. Take courage! Sometimes it's hard. Counting calories is not funny. I go twice a week to fitness. On my own. Not always fun. But it's good for me. Beautiful picture! What do you eat delicious things. I start every morning with oatmeal.


    http://preciousdblog.blogspot.nl/



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, Jedidja. My daughter took the picture while we were on a 3 mile hike. I love oatmeal, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you, Jenn! It sounds like you are doing great and have looked ahead thoughtfully to the holiday season. And your food does sound so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you, Annie Kate. The holidays are usually hard for me to navigate. I think if I'm making an effort to be moderate by making thoughtful choices, maybe I will succeed this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture. I hate calorie counting and food journals too. I know they help and all, but I get so bogged down in them. It sounds like you have a good plan for the holiday season. I hope you continue to do well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you to be making an effort even through the holidays. I gained a lb. over Thanksgiving but have lost it now. I always want to start diets during holidays... such a hard time. I have no eating plan, but hope to change that. Right now all's I do is graze all day long... mostly on frozen blueberries and cashews, which is healthy, but I'm not losing anything. Time to break out the salads. I think i need to set a goal for Anna's graduation open house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.