Friday, November 7, 2014
In Which I Keep Going
This week had some mental challenges, and winter-like wind to make the outdoor exercising less than ideal. That is why I am so proud to report that I rode my bike 13.7 miles outside in 40 degree weather. I can see that having the right clothing is all that it takes. Although, strong wind is a deal breaker, cooler temperatures in the 40's is not. Yay!
That is not all. I rode inside on 2 days, and did my interval training as well. I can certainly see how riding indoors is going to be more of a challenge mentally than physically. I watched a funny show that I like, so that helped.
On the eating side of things, I have started my Diet Fix, and have been weighing and recording everything that I eat on myfitnesspal. I resisted at first because doing that seems like just any other diet. And I am tired of diets. This is not a diet, just gathering nonjudgmental scientific data. I also am eating more protein every few hours. That single thing has helped me beat the afternoon carb cravings that I was having. I have even left the dreaded Halloween candy alone.
I like that the Diet Fix is not a diet. I even caught myself telling my husband that I didn't want a cupcake. I said," I am in control of my food!" And I am. But on the flip side, I have moments of feeling hopeless over my weight. I feel impatient. "What if I never lose weight?" "What if it is too late." "What if I am stuck forever." Sigh.
I have used myfitnesspal before and lost 45 pounds. Then everything stalled, and I regained it all. Of course, while I was regaining it, I wasn't recording.
Anyway, it was mostly a good week. I got over the shock of weighing. I got back into tracking my food. I enjoyed moving for 2.9 hours. My total miles since June is up to 475.4 miles!! Yay!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, 13 miles is a good ride! Glad you're back on track. I have to tell you that I had the exact same thoughts, that it was too late but here I am in my 40s for the first time in my life in control of food and almost to my weight goal, don't give up! Stick with it, you got this!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like it's going great. I have given up with MyFitnessPal too, it was just too much work to keep track of everything. I am starting to use my stationary bike more, about 3 miles in 20 minutes, I think that's pretty good. :)
ReplyDelete