Monday, December 8, 2014

New Bike Computer

Perhaps it was "self prophesy" or something, but my biggest fear with the indoor bike set up was in progress. I wasn't riding my bike at all.  I knew it would be a mental block to get over.  I knew riding inside is boring, even while watching TV.  All my motivation was gone, almost instantly, when I didn't have a way to track my progress.  (Thankfully, I was still working out with my oldest son.)

So, I got myself a cheap little bike computer.  I am hoping this will inspire me to get back on track. I can log my miles again.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing the miles add up on Map My Ride.  Perhaps this will be as rewarding.  I don't know, but my initial goal is to get 5 miles each weekday this week.  That will be 25 miles!  Yay!

Jeff testing the bike computer for me.


4 comments:

  1. I'm really liking my stationary bike. I either listen or read a book while biking, and it makes the time fly. I bike about 3 or 4 days a week, but not quite at 5 miles a day yet. How long does it take you to bike 5 miles? I never know if I'm doing good or not biking about 4 miles in 20 or 25 minutes. Hopefully I can get up to 5 miles like you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the settings. I try to mimick how I feel when I ride outside. At 10-15 mph, it takes 20-30 minutes, usually less. The trainer settings, plus the bike gears can make it easy or hard. I'm trying to find a good middle.

      Delete
  2. Good for you. I hope it helps keep it interesting. It looks like your Jeff is enjoying the testing. :) My Jeff always logs his miles, even after all these years and knows just how many miles he does each year. Me... not so much. I need to get back on an exercise routine. Anything would be better than what I'm doing now, and that's nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to get back into a routine even after a short break. I constantly fight my flesh!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.