Our house is the typical American tract house in what I lovingly call "A Vinyl Village" neighborhood. There is an area in the front of our home that is supposed to be a more formal dining area. We don't have a need for this space, so it is empty. I was going to use it for a sitting area, but the chairs we had were not right, plus it just looked cluttered. Then I moved our desk in. It didn't look too bad, but I noticed we were not using the desk much. Finally, the Christmas tree went in the middle of the space in November. It was perfect, but when it was taken down, the space was empty again. Then I decided to make it our exercising space. It isn't pretty, but it does work for me. I like not having to move furniture around or clear space in the family room. Plus, I can still hear or see the TV if I need to. I have considered moving it all upstairs in the loft, and I may still do that, but for now it is working well. Since we live in our house, we need to feel free to use the space in a way that suits us, not HGTV.
.JPG)
I am loving the AB Trimmer, by the way. I use the Wii fitness board for steps. I would like to find a good step board. I had one, but it was flimsy.
My bike trainer is also near by. It's getting a tune up at the moment. They have good winter prices on bike tune ups! I can't wait to get it back. (So it can mock me? Ha!)
I have been doing a 30 minute session five times a week for the past several weeks. I try to do it when my children are doing their aerobics or with my oldest son when he gets home from school. I am hoping it will help me be ready for bike season. We want to do more riding than last year.
What a blessing to have an area like that. Sounds like the perfect space for it all.
ReplyDelete