Monday, January 5, 2015

Year End Workout Summary and a Tale

One of the things I love about Map My Ride is the statistics that come by email.  The most recent one sent includes my 2014 workout summary.

Since joining in June 2014, I recorded 173 workouts in 84.8 hours, and 43,000 calories burned.  I wish I had started recording when I started working out with my son in December 2013.  Oh well, this year I will have a full year of statistics, if I keep up with it.

And now a tale...

A funny thing happened today when my oldest son got home from school today.  He looked like a deer in the headlight when I said,"Ready to work out?"  He had just gotten back to school after a 2 week break, and probably had a hard day getting back to the routine.  Well, usually, I would take that as an opportunity to skip my workout.  But this time, I was really looking forward to it.  It is not only our workout time,but we talk the whole time and I learn lots about his day.  When he said he didn't want to work out, I immediately figured he was getting sick!  He never skips a work out and never lets me off the hook so easily.  I actually had to talk him into it!  It turned out to be really a good thing, because he opened up and talked about his day, and by the end, he was relaxed and happy.  I was proud of myself because I truly could have skipped today, but I knew it was not best for me.  I call that a victory!

My oldest trying out a guitar. 
And a quick update.  The box of candy is still in the back of my husband's van, not being missed at all.  I even had to make a trip to the grocery store to get more produce before a winter storm coming tonight.  The kids and I didn't want to face life without salad.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is great. So glad you didn't give up that day. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.