Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Line in the Sand

My favorite salad. 

Three days ago, at lunch with my family, I finally realized the depths of my addiction to all things refined after ordering.  I was unable to make myself order something reasonable.  I saw my son and uncle ordering the very thing I coveted most, a tenderloin Manhattan!  This is nothing new.  I am good at rationalizing, hiding, deceiving myself that I am in control.  I have gotten off and on the bandwagon so many times that I was again afraid to try one more time.

But on Monday, I knew I had to do something.  So, in desperation, I started re-reading my South Beach Diet book. And on Tuesday, I was on the plan.  For the next two weeks, I am carb restricted in order to break my unhealthy fixation on all things carb.  The thing I like about South Beach is that eventually I get to add back healthy carbs, slowly.  The only disagreement I have is that they advocate sweeteners, canola oil, and low fat dairy.  I will just skip those. It is an old book.  Maybe the revised book addresses this issue.

I am also finally over my bronchitis, so I am going keep up with my biking and weight training.  I need to add more aerobics. I've noticed that I get winded going up stairs since my illness.  It's so hard to get back to normal after a month off.

That's all for now.  I am back on track.  Hopefully.

3 comments:

  1. It's hard, but well done. Delicious salade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Jenn!

    Realizing the problem is step 1 to fixing it. Doing something about it is step 2. :)

    And that salad looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have things moving in the right direction. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.