Friday, April 24, 2015

Learning Curve Time

Really, no after taste!

It's here!


My copy of Trim Healthy Mama by Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett, arrived a couple days ago.  Since then,I have been spending every spare moment reading.  (Laundry piles aside.) So far, it is matching up to what I believe, that low glycemic is the way I should eat.

THM has quite a lot to offer.  I love all the recipes, as they are sure to expand my food variety, a proven indicator of long term success.  I also love that one sister is on the "pure side" and the other is OK with short cuts.  I tend to go in between, so it is nice to know both sides.  I have not read every single chapter, so I am sure there is much more to soak in.

Speaking of soaking, I soaked my oats last night.  It was as wonderful as I imagined it would be having oatmeal again!  I put in a little Swerve, frozen mixed berries,and 1 teaspoon of butter into my portion.  What a nice change from a month of eggs for breakfast.  That by itself is worth the price of the book!

I think I really like the way THM balances lower carb/high fat meals with slightly higher carb/lower fat meals, and you decide what your body needs.  Plus, the major way this plan will work for real life is that you get to have fun with food.  I am totally surprised at how much I like the sugar substitute, Swerve.  It is going to make this a whole lot more fun, although it is quite expensive, so I have to keep it to a minimum.

Anyway, I just thought I would post an update.  I have a lot to learn about THM, but it is not as complicated as I had made it out in my mind.  It seems to be family friendly, too, which is exactly what I need.  My mom has even ordered a copy of the book and wants to join me on this journey. What a blessing!!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that sweetener, I'll have to look into it. I hope THM works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about THM when it was published and from just the word of mouth I kept reading about it seemed so hard and restricting. I am so thankful I found this book because it is not as difficult as I thought it would be. Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.