Tuesday, April 21, 2015
It's Been a Month!
Four weeks have flown by! I absolutely have no cravings for refined carbohydrates. I feel free. I never dreamed that I could change my taste buds. This morning I achieved a small goal of mine. I drank coffee with only cream. For the last four weeks, I have been using stevia, but I didn't really enjoy the aftertaste, so I decided to try it without. I was amazed that it tasted pretty good. Not as good as with sugar, but better than with a sweetener!
I finally decided to weigh myself. I still don't have a scale, so I hooked up my Wii Fit Balance Board. This will work, because it is work to hook it up, and at the moment, my son is the only one home during the day who can hook it up. And it is in the family room, so I can't sneak in a quick weigh. This prevents me from obsessing about my weight. The good news is that since the last time I checked in, maybe January, I had lost 10 pounds. Yay!
Another big piece of news is that I found a friend at church who is traveling a similar journey, although she is following the Trim Healthy Mama plan. (Melissa, I need to talk to you!) She has been a great encouragement to me. So, I have ordered the Trim Healthy Mama book, and will see if it is a good fit. It seems very similar to what I have been doing, except it has more variety. I think adding variety will help me in the long run. I am not saying that is what I will do, but it seems like a good plan to check out. I have already been trying out the low carb recipes that I have found online. Truthfully, I would love to add more carbs, healthy carbs. Eating oatmeal again would be divine.
This week is going to be a bust as far as the bike goes, unfortunately. It is rainy, windy, and cold. Instead, I will be working out with my oldest son after school. This should work. I might be able to get in a little gardening and one or two bike rides later in the week if the rain goes away.
In general, I feel as if my mood and outlook have greatly improved in the last month. I wonder if it was the sugar holding me back all along? I feel more hopeful that I will reach a healthy weight, eventually. When I tried to go low carb once before, I lost 70 pounds, but I was a mess. This time I am focusing on eating healthy carbs, lots of greens! I didn't know about avoiding processed foods last time.
So, here I am. I am finally enjoying the journey!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad everything is going so well for you. I hope it all continues.
ReplyDeleteI do, too. I have a long history of giving up after 50-70 pounds. I am taking it one day at a time!
DeleteYay for 10 pounds!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have never been a weighed until THM and now I actually enjoy getting on the scale. Not because I have a low weight, I still have a way to go, but because see those numbers decrease is good motivation to keep going on this yummy food filled journey. My girls are in the kitchen making overnight oatmeal for the three of us while I am getting the little guy all tucked into bed. I now live a food lifestyle my girls can imitate and be healthy.