Imagine my surprise today, when I opened an email from MapMyRide, reminding me that today is my one year anniversary using their app! I now have a complete year of stats. They are a testimony to the power of little baby steps. All those little, short rides have added up to 694.8 miles in a year! Of course, now I kick myself for not working harder this past winter. I can work on that this coming year.
This email came on the heals of a plateau breakthrough as well. Woo, hoo, I finally lost. I lost 5 pounds since I last weighed 2 weeks ago. I am down 19 pounds and counting. I was really surprised, and very happy. I had cut down on the nuts, but not dairy. I also had a few more higher carb meals, still low carb, basically following the Trim Healthy Mama way. Those "E" meals are harder for me, but they did their magic.
All in all, I am feeling more confident in my ability to manage my eating and exercising! Yay!! I have ever so far to go, and if statistics are right, the weight will all come back, but at least for now, I am back on track. I have to keep trying. I have to.
The statistics don't have to be right. As long as you keep exercising and eating sensibly the pounds can stay off. This is a lifetime health thing, not only a weight thing.
ReplyDeleteThe other thing to do is to weigh yourself every week and take action as soon as you're one or two pounds up.
In any case, statistics don't HAVE to apply to you!
Sadly, 95% of diets fail. All of my previous attempts to lose weight have failed. I am trying to be hopeful, but realistic. Your ideas are fantastic. I have just never been able to maintain a weight loss. I am praying this time is different. I am at least enjoying the journey, eating foods I enjoy will help.
DeleteYahoo!!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteA couple of things I like about THM is the way the lifestyle is very liveable. They also teach how to maintain weight, which most "diets" do not do. The weight can stay off. I used to dream of being the size I am now and thinking I would be happy to stay here but I am not. I now know that I can lose all of the excess weight on my body. I love thm and I just enjoyed a piece of yummy on plan banana bread.
Congrats!! Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete