Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Post Vacation Thoughts
Here I am! We have been on vacation the last 10 days, but it was not a vacation from healthy eating as in the past. We went out to eat several times, too. I am happy to report that I was able to eat on plan, and I did not feel as if I "missed out" on any of the fun. Healthy eating really has become a habit, my default.
The hardest meal was at a Chicago style pizza place. I had the salad bar, and the toppings of 2 slices of pizza. I really wanted to eat the pizza, but I knew it would not be best for me in the long run. It was also hard to pay the buffet price knowing I would not get my money's worth. Let's face it. Eating out is not a value, anyway. You cannot eat out and get your money's worth, no matter where you go, and still eat healthy. Eating out is enjoying food with others.
My best meal out was at a steak place. It is easy to eat well when you have steak, vegetables, and avoid their bread bombs. We did go for frozen custard afterwards. I ordered one scoop of cherry, because I knew that I could not avoid a lot of comments from people I was with. I took two bites and tossed it. The sugar was overwhelming. I could not enjoy it. That makes me really happy.
We also did not take a total vacation from bike riding. We went on two 10 mile rides with my parents. Both rides were great fun. We did not ride as much as we could have, though. There were a few days we should have tried to go, but I was feeling rebellious. Ha. No worries. I have a good plan for this week.
This week's plan includes working on my core. I will do strength training in the morning, and then ride 5 miles with my husband in the evening. We have again had several inches of rain from rounds of storms that pass through about every day, making bike riding a challenge. We just go when we can.
So far we don't have a big ride planned for this weekend. The temperature is supposed to be 90 on Saturday, plus more storms. This may not be our weekend to ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

sounds like things are going great and you are doing wonderful. So glad it's getting easier and easier for you.
ReplyDelete