Thursday, September 24, 2015

Injured

It was bound to happen, I suppose.  This past Monday evening, the kids and I were on a lovely bike ride, and I hit a curb wrong, and fell onto the concrete side walk.  Oh man.  I injured my right leg.  It is bruised and swollen.  It is amazing how quickly you can go from being on top of your game to feeling like a wrecking ball hit you.  The next day, I felt the results of the jolt.  I was sore all over.  The worst part is that I smashed my bike basket.  Thankfully I was wearing a helmet. I heard it hit the side walk.  I was so thankful that it was not my head.  This is a little set back.  I will have to lay off the bike a week or longer.  I am keeping my leg elevated and it seems to be getting a little better each day.  Hopefully it won't be too long before I can get back out on the roads.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear! I hope it doesn't hurt too much and that it will heal soon. Wishing you joy as you get to lie around more! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! I pray you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.