Monday, October 5, 2015

Doing Better

Today is the two-week mark since my fall.  I still have bruising, and if I do too much, my knee swells up and throbs.  So, I am still trying to watch my activity level. I am thinking I will take another week off my bike, which is hard because this is prime bike season.  I got some K2 tape, which really, really helps.  I can walk around pretty well.  I have little muscle spasms when I have done too much.  Ice still feels good.  Last week and this week I have been doing core strengthening exercises.  I can do plenty without using my knee.  I would love to get back on my bike soon.  I am hoping to set up the bike trainer this week, to see how it feels to use the knee for a few minutes at a time.  In other news, I did lose 3 more pounds, so my eating is on track.  Just proves that exercise is for health, and weight loss happens in the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if my other comment made it through, so sorry if this is a double.

    Glad you are feeling better, and congrats on loosing the 3 pounds. Your last sentence really encouraged me, "just proves the exercise is for health, and weight loss happens in the kitchen!". I had a friend say once, you can't loose weight just by eating less. And I thought, what?? If your portion sizes are smaller and you are eating healthy, I don't see how you can't loose something, even if you can't exercise. Your quote was very encouraging with that, thank youl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.